Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cosas Viejas.

going trought some old pictures i ran into this old pieces i had done back from the year 2001 up to 2003 here in santiago.
Im surprised at how many pieces i did back then, i have hundreds of pictures of pieces from those 3 years of spending most of my time going out to paint and i know i didnt photograph everything i did back then , those were my most productive years on the streets i think i wasnt doing exhibitions or paying rent so i had all of my time and money for painting walls.
is just me or this last five years have gone pretty fast?



this one i did on 2002 just ten blocks from my parents house where i was living at the time, the girl on the picture was one of my best friends and the half of kid you see on the left is gabriel who know owns the tatto studio im painting a piece for.



this one is from a year later but near Gabriel's old house in Vicuña Mackenna.



and this one is from 2001 like four blocks from my grandmas house in Independencia. it was feature in a graffitti mag call No Gratos
(otherwise i wouldnt had any record of it ) and i think it was one of the first time i saw one of my pieces on a mag and it felt great.
Mostly because up to then i was treated like an asshole by writters and because this mag was own by the most important graffitti crew ever i got some respect after being included on this magazine second issue and then a full interview on issue 3 (maybe it wasnt like that but i have always think of this mag like the one that gave me some street credibility ).



and this one used to be my favorite back then, i still like it i think.

bv.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola Basco
las "cosas viejas" son impresionantes. Recorri tus pinturas en Bellavista como en un museo.
grande!

ignacio